Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mom's Birthday

My mom will be 93 next week.  Still lives alone in her big ole house.  She has had medical problems ever since I can recall - polio, extreme whiplash which resulted in a body case, broken knee cap, broken toes, broken arm, broken hip, several surgeries, macular degeneration casing blindness in one eye.  And yet she keeps on truckin.  Her biggest complaint is "I just don't have any energy!  Do you think it is because I am getting older?"
She likes fancy and since that is not my style, I struggle with cards for her.  Even though this card isn't over the top fancy and glitzy, I think she will like it.


I cased this beautiful card that I saw on Pinterest.  Love the browns and touch of pink but wanted a brighter card and went with yellows and greens.

The embossing is a Cuttlebug Folder.  I didn't have enough pearls so I used some drops that I had made by melting Perler Beads and then used some liquid pearl of the same color.
The vine is Cherry Lynn.  I added touches of Copic to the Prima flower.  Sentiment is GKD.

Scrapyland - anything
Cuttlebug Mania - Spring
Die Cut Divas - Spring
Paper Creators - Spring
Simon Work It Wednesday - floral
Simon Wednesday - texture
Crop Stop - anything
Craftin Deserts - lots of layers
Stamploration - theme: stamps and texture

12 comments:

  1. The yellow and green looks beautiful on your lovely card! I really like the panels with the flowers! Your card is gorgeous and I am sure you Mom will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I love the colors you chose, and you did a great job with the vines and flowers! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Spring Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Love those embossed flowers! Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your CAS(E) of this card and will be giving it a go myself. My mum is 90 and has the same complaint as yours "not enough energy"...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous, I am sure your Mum will adore it !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful and elegant card love it.Thanks for sharing your project at craftin desert diva's challenge.
    hugs Patricia cdd dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely card!! Happy Birthday to your mom! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card
    Thank you for sharing with us girls over at Craftin Desert Divas..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant. Lovely card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flower are amazing!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrapy land Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL textured daisies! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that EF, great texture. My Perler beads ended up more like polos than pearls, wonder what I did wrong?
    Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete